Murfreesboro Criminal Defense Attorneys
More than three decades of combined defense experience taking on the toughest cases — when life and liberty are at stake
When facing criminal charges, you want to know that the lawyer standing beside you in court is up to the task. The Murfreesboro criminal defense attorneys at Dotson & Taylor put more than three decades of legal knowledge, tenacious dedication and savvy courtroom skills into every criminal defense matter. We aggressively challenge prosecutors on your behalf, as we fight to defend your rights, your freedom and your future.
Tough advocates, effective criminal defense strategies in Tennessee
Whether you are facing drunk driving (DUI), assault, theft, or other criminal charges, prosecutors have the advantage of unlimited manpower and resources to build a case against you. Our skilled Murfreesboro criminal defense attorneys attack the evidence and design a strong defense strategy. The state has the burden of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. This is a heavy burden, so the police and prosecutors assigned to your case are committed to finding evidence, including witnesses, to prove each element of the crime in order to obtain a conviction.
There are many criminal defense attorneys promising to fight for you, but our team of attorneys have a long history of success both in and out of the courtroom. We spend time getting to know you and your case and our savvy Murfreesboro defense attorneys review and analyze every aspect of the prosecution’s case and the evidence they intend to offer against you. Count on us to design a defense strategy to challenge the charges and the evidence. We don’t merely promise to fight for you. We do the preparation, investigation and research to deliver results.
Murfreesboro criminal defense attorneys handle all types of cases
Whatever criminal charges you are facing, we can help. Our legal team has proven success handling all types of criminal cases, including:
- Assault: These types of cases are usually not as simple and straightforward as prosecutors attempt to portray them. The person charged with assault and battery, simple and aggravated assault, or assault with a deadly weapon could have been acting in self-defense. Our legal team carefully reviews all aspects of your case to identify every possible defense.
- DUI and Underage DUI: Driving under the influence (DUI) convictions can affect your personal and professional life with long-term consequences, so our DUI defense attorneys work hard to obtain the best possible results for you.
- Drug Offenses: Drug charges include drug trafficking, drug possession and drug manufacturing. Our tough minded criminal defense team knows that most drug offenses involve search and seizure issues that can be raised in your defense.
- Internet Solicitation: Our defense attorneys understand the specific laws Tennessee enacted to target solicitation over the internet and protect your rights.
In addition, our Murfreesboro criminal defense lawyers are ready assist if you find yourself facing any of the following charges:
- Sex crimes and child pornography
- Date rape
- Theft and shoplifting
- Weapons violations
- Money laundering and other white collar crimes
- Violations of probation
- Hazing and other college-related offenses
- Medicare fraud and other fraud crimes
Contact our Rutherford County criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation
When your future is at stake, whether due to a criminal charge, personal injury or family law case, you want Murfreesboro attorneys who are committed to you and the successful outcome of your case. At Dotson & Taylor, our trusted Murfreesboro criminal defense attorneys, family law attorneys and personal injury lawyers protect your rights and your best interests. Schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys by calling 615-890-1982, or contact us online.