Rutherford County Criminal Defense Attorneys
Skilled advocates stand up for your rights in Tennessee
If you are arrested on criminal charges, you don’t want to stand alone in court when your freedom and your future are at stake. When the Rutherford County criminal defense attorneys at Dotson & Taylor stand with you in court, you know you have someone with a proven record of success who has the skills, knowledge and client-focused commitment to passionately defend you against even the most serious criminal charges.
Hard-hitting legal representatives who will not back down
The government has the burden of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, so it commits its unlimited resources to gathering evidence to prove each and every element of the crime you are accused of committing. Regardless of whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, our trusted criminal defense attorneys have more than 35 years of combined experience to make them a formidable opponent capable of challenging every aspect of the state’s case.
Whether you are charged with a felony or a misdemeanor, our outstanding criminal attorneys have what it takes to create a defense strategy designed to take advantage of weaknesses in the evidence. We appear with you in all Tennessee courts to defend you in all types of cases, including:
- Driving Under the Influence: A DUI conviction can affect your personal and professional life with long-term consequences, such as suspension or revocation of your license, imprisonment, fines and compulsory substance abuse counseling. We understand the consequences of a conviction, so we work diligently on your behalf to uncover possible defenses or to obtain a disposition that is favorable to you.
- Assault and Battery: Our experienced defense attorneys know that police and prosecutors rely heavily on the statements and testimony of the victim when prosecuting assault and battery charges. This reliance on the victim’s version of what happened could overlook the fact that you might have been acting in self-defense to protect yourself. Our job is to explore any and all defenses that you might have in order to let the court know what really happened.
- Drug charges: There can be many aspects to a drug arrest. You could be charged with drug possession, manufacturing drugs, drug sales and drug trafficking. Drug crimes usually get assigned to specialized law enforcement units and are prosecuted by the most experienced prosecutors, but our superb criminal defense lawyers are more than up to the challenge of taking them on when your liberty is at stake.
- Sex Offenses: Sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault and sexual solicitation of a child, are serious criminal charges that could result in long prison sentences and a requirement that you register as a sex offender. Sex offender registration information is available to the public, so a sex crimes conviction could make it difficult to obtain employment, obtain housing or live a normal life for years after you have completed your sentence.
Aggressive criminal defense for all types of criminal charges in Rutherford County
We are committed to helping you avoid the harsh penalties and serious consequences that a conviction and a criminal record can cause. Remember, a criminal charge is merely an allegation that must be proven with solid evidence. Our criminal defense lawyers believe that putting the prosecution to the task of proving the charges can reveal weaknesses and defenses that we can exploit to your advantage.
Whether you are under investigation by the police or have actually been charged with a crime, we can help you. Crimes that our attorneys routinely handle on behalf of our Rutherford County clients include:
- Domestic violence
- College or high school hazing
- Internet solicitation
- Money laundering
- Weapons possession and other weapons charges
- While collar crimes
- Probation violations
When your life is on the line, you need a respected Rutherford County criminal defense attorney
The Rutherford County criminal defense attorneys at Dotson & Taylor take seriously our commitment to providing you with the best defense possible no matter what criminal charges you are facing. Our hardworking attorneys are ready to help. Contact us today for a free initial consultation by calling 615-890-1982, or contact us through our website.